Senior Business Development Manager - Investment Proposition
Asoko Insight is Africa’s leading corporate information platform, providing market mapping solutions to the world's leading investment firms, banks, corporates and governments looking for research on Africa’s key private sector landscapes. Users can access company, person and deal data, industry reports and supply chain analyses to assist with target screening, due diligence and business development.
Asoko acquires data through the following channels:
- In-country research teams collecting primary data, maintaining quality assurance and analysing revenue figures. Teams engage directly with company executives, leading suppliers and industry analysts at investment banks.
- Partnerships with in-country bodies in possession of large datasets, including tax authorities, regulators, credit reference bureaus, corporate registrars and private sector associations
- Corporate web-scraping and media screening for supporting information.
About the Role
The Senior Business Development Manager - Investment Proposition will be responsible for growing and developing Asoko's global investor account-base. As Commercial Lead, you'll be running this segment as a business unit, with the necessary autonomy and independence in day-to-day execution. You'll report into the Director of Business Development and will work closely alongside CEO, COO, CTO.
You'll be supported by a sales support team that collects and organises lead data. You'll also have a strong voice into our Operations team tasked with the collection of data and insights our Investor clients are asking for. Asoko operates a research-as-a-service model, meaning our client requests set the drum-beat for company-wide execution.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Taking a proactive and innovative approach to achieve new business revenues in line with target/s, targeting Financial Institutions, reaching out and approaching, Partners, Directors, Head of Departments and mid-level management;
- Set in place a plan of clear strategies and methodologies for all stages of generating new business (from prospecting to proposal to closure);
- Ensure that pipelines comply with all business expectations including the following:
- Adequate size
- Targeting right mix of appropriately sized accounts
- Identifying and mapping Asoko’s business strengths
- Pipeline activity turning over quickly enough in line with ambitious revenue plans
- Have a balance between lead sources
- Demonstrate optimal range of pipeline stages
- Engage multiple channels in prospecting for new business
- Establish clear, well thought out target list of desired names in advance, based on strategy / target sectors and product advancement as agreed with management and relevant colleagues;
- Having an in-depth knowledge of the investment space, their data needs and competing offerings;
- Following industry trends locally and internationally;
- Working closely with out Marketing team to implement Asoko’s campaigns through relevant platforms including magazines, conferences, business associations, internet, social media;
- Representing and promoting Asoko Insight at relevant business, political and academic events;
- Travelling to meetings and/or relevant events throughout the EMEA region. Trips may last from one day to several weeks;
- Ad-hoc, work-related tasks the Director of Sales and CEO will deem relevant to the progress of the Company.
Key attributes were looking for this role include:
- You must be highly organised
- You are results driven
- You love data and using it to inform your strategy and drive better decision-making
- You're an Independent thinker and have the ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- You have Stakeholder management skills Including the ability to resolve conflict
- You must be tenacious and persistent and don’t give up until the answer is yes
- You like people, can talk to anyone, and make friends easily. You’re equally comfortable talking with the CEO, or our analyst teams
- You care about what we do at Asoko Insight. You know this isn’t just about getting companies to connect, it’s about addressing the deficiency in information between the global business community and Africa’s most dynamic companies
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Performance-based bonus
- Expense reimbursement
- Exposure at all levels of the company
- Strong training from experienced management
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Local Health Cover (if you're outside the UK)
- Taking part in a dynamic and exciting start-up that will transform access to corporate information across Africa