Senior Business Development Manager
Asoko Insight is Africa’s leading corporate information platform, providing market mapping solutions to the world's leading investment firms, banks, corporates and governments looking for research on Africa’s key private sector landscapes. Users can access company, person and deal data, industry reports and supply chain analyses to assist with target screening, due diligence and business development.
Asoko acquires data through the following channels:
- In-country research teams collecting primary data, maintaining quality assurance and analysing revenue figures. Teams engage directly with company executives, leading suppliers and industry analysts at investment banks.
- Partnerships with in-country bodies in possession of large datasets, including tax authorities, regulators, credit reference bureaus, corporate registrars and private sector associations
- Corporate web-scraping and media screening for supporting information.
About the role:
We are currently hiring for a Senior Business Development Manager to be remotely based but to use our London Office as the main hub. you will be responsible for growing and developing some of the largest accounts for Asoko Insight. You will do this on an international scale by building and maintaining relationships with current business partners. Using commercially lead data to influence and grow these current accounts. This is at the centre of any customer-focused business strategy.
This is an outbound sales role suitable for a ‘hunter’ type mentality, and a professional who possesses high levels of energy, passion, and self-motivation. You’ll be supporting the Head of Sales in developing a robust business development strategy, including entering new verticals, with supporting KPIs and targets. The role is designed to evolve into the leading a team of sales associates in tune with our rapidly growing business and expansion plans.
Join Asoko Insight as a the new Senior Business Development Manager within our fast paced sales team and embark on a career where you will be working on developing and implementing new business strategies through executing tactical plans leading to achievement of ambitious sales targets. This will be through closing, cross selling and direct selling initiatives with primary aim of achieving and driving new business revenues.
You will be required to but not limited:
- Taking a proactive and innovative approach to achieve new business revenues in line with target/s, targeting Tier 1 to Mid Corporates and Financial Institutions, reaching out and approaching, Directors, Head of Departments and decision makers.
- Able to Negotiate with stakeholders and being comfortable dealing with C-Suite Executives
- Set in place a plan of clear strategies and methodologies for all stages of generating new business (from prospecting to proposal to closure)
- Ensure that pipelines comply with all business expectations including the following:
- Adequate size
- Targeting right mix of appropriately sized accounts
- Identifying and mapping Asoko’s business strengths
- Pipeline activity turning over quickly enough in line with ambitious revenue plans
- Have a balance between lead sources
- Demonstrate optimal range of pipeline stages
- Engage multiple channels in prospecting for new business
- Establish clear, well thought out target list of desired names in advance, based on strategy / target sectors and product advancement as agreed with management and relevant colleagues
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Managing and implementing Asoko’s marketing campaigns through relevant platforms including magazines, conferences, business associations, internet, social media.
- Representing and promoting Asoko Insight at relevant business, political and academic events
- Travelling to meetings and/or relevant events throughout the EMEA region. Trips may last from one day to several weeks;
- Engage proactively with the Sales Team to gain specific support required prospect for identified opportunities
- Ad-hoc, work-related tasks the Head of sales and CEO will deem relevant to the progress of the Company.
Here at Asoko Insight we are always looking for passionate, empowered and innovative individuals to join us. In addition to this we are also looking for the following skills and experience in relation to this role:
- Possess business related qualification (degree level at minimum) or 5 yrs experience in financial data sales, consultancy sales or related industries
- Previous successful experience in a Corporate Development or a Senior Sales role
- Exhibit exceptional track record in identifying and prospecting new business opportunities
- Fluent in English; second language (French, German, Spanish, Arabic or Portuguese) is an added bonus
- Excellence in influencing at all levels of an organisation
- Experience of achieving success against challenging targets with complex sales cycle and product requirements
- High-level experience selling to financial clients. Able to communicate to professionals working in PE, AM, IB and related area
- Demonstrable success in taking personal ownership for driving performance and delivering constant growth to meeting and exceeding targets
- Ability to demonstrate high level of influencing capability and personal credibility within senior levels of blue chip organisations
- Experience in operating effectively within a wider Corporate Sales Team; using all available resources in an effective and timely manner.
- Commitment to self and personal development
Key attributes were looking for this role include:
- You must be highly organised
- Results driven
- You love data and using it to inform your strategy and drive better decision-making
- You're an Independent thinker and have the ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- You have Stakeholder management skills Including the ability to resolve conflict
- You must be tenacious and persistent and don’t give up until the answer is yes
- You like people, can talk to anyone, and make friends easily. You’re equally comfortable talking with the CEO, or our analyst teams
- You care about what we do at Asoko Insight. You know this isn’t just about getting companies to connect, it’s about addressing the deficiency in information between the global business community and Africa’s most dynamic companies
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Performance-based bonus
- Expense reimbursement
- Exposure at all levels of the company
- Strong training from experienced management
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Local Health Cover (if you're outside the UK)
- Taking part in a dynamic and exciting start-up that will transform access to corporate information across Africa
If you confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, then this job is for you! please contact us as soon as possible.
Interviews for this role will take place from the 6th of May 2019 until 7th of June 2019.